Guidance for Leeds residents
1st August 2020
The most important thing that Leeds residents can do is to continue to follow the guidance. Rates of infection in Leeds are lower than the rest of Yorkshire and Humber and we all want to keep the rate of infection down.
Leeds residents should
- Stay safe by not visiting family or friends living Kirklees, Bradford or Calderdale unless they are part of your support bubble.
- Wash your hands with soap frequently for at least 20 seconds, particularly when returning home.
- Wear a face covering when using public transport or visiting shops, supermarkets, post offices and banks (as well as museums, galleries, cinemas and places of worship from 8 August).
- Maintain a 2-metre social distance from people outside of your household or support bubble, or where this is not possible, maintain a 1m distance and take other precautions to minimise the risk of transmission (such as wearing a face covering, and minimising the length of contact)
- If you develop symptoms of coronavirus, get a test, and self-isolate for ten days.
- Follow the advice of contact tracers if you are contacted by NHS Test and Trace and advised to self-isolate or asked to share your recent contacts.
Where can I find the latest Government guidance?
The Guidance, including FAQs, is available at: