This is a summary of what I have been doing in the last week… 7th to 14th July 2019
Sunday 7th July
- Went to Seacroft Sharks Charity Rugby League [who we support] event at the WMC which raised over £2000 for St Gemma’s Hospice.
- Visited a Strata resident who had had a car drive into his house fence and felt vulnerable.
- Discussed security issues with a new resident family and the security guards in the Strata development and agreed to alert the PCSO’s.
Monday 9th July
- Dealt with 8 cases from Saturdays surgeries on ASB , housing allocations etc. Fencing for a resident with disabilities. Long standing AS from neighbour.
- Attended discussion about policing issues with Police Commissioner and Leeds Police Superintendent.
- 3 Fly tipping reports passed on.
- Brown bins ordered for new homes.
- Visit family re brambles in Rein Park affecting daughter. Problem sorted.
Tuesday 10th July
- More casework. Dealing with the follow up to the Ramshead traveller’s issue.
- Discussion with Planning about Killingbeck Police station redevelopment.
- Questions raised about the Extra Care Housing development at Seacroft Crescent.
- Discussion with residents of Serene Keep Moat houses on South Parkway about their concerns.
- Supported funding of Xmas Social at Queensview flats.
- Raised issue about tree planting on verges in the Fearnvilles.
- Raised issue for Clarion housing tenant about access issues.
- Visited Arthurs Rein to look at the new entrance chicane and raise issues with Parks.
- Follow up fire to family home in Fearnvilles with Housing Options.
- Support for Pavilion Bingo Group
Wednesday 11th July
- Meeting with Housing managers about 10 ongoing cases inc ASB and tenancy issues.
- Obligatory Full Council Meeting of 6 ½ hours debate inc discussion of the waste strategy.
- Prepared Local Ward Waste crime strategy statement
- Request for help with costs of going to Northern College for LS14 Trust
Thursday 12th July
- Meeting of Boggart Hill Neighbourhood Core Group discussing health needs of the area inc interesting statistics/health indicators and action needed.
- Meeting with officers about the Highways flats on York Road and preparing for meeting with residents. One third have so far been rehoused.
- Meeting of Inner East Health and Wellbeing Partnership discussing men’s groups in the East and other health links.
- Meeting at an Academy school to discuss issues around attendance and parental engagement.
- Visited Windmill Health Centre to discuss with practice manager how a constituent who can’t read or write can access her medical records for a PIP appeal.
- Attended East Leeds Schools Music performance at Leeds College of Music.
- Discussed Tesco’s Car Parking issue with Yorkshire Evening Post.
- Consultation re Parking spaces in High rise blocks to be better marked to allow emergency services better access.
- Issue of remarking of cycle lanes on North Parkway.
Friday 13th July
- Attended West Yorkshire Fire Authority Community Safety Committee discussing prosecutions for Arson and use of drones and arranged to meet the Leeds Fire Commander at Killingbeck Fire Station.
- Visited resident to take pictures of her home as part of the Independent Appeal for a disabled facilities grant for which we are providing representation. Prepared case for the hearing.
- Saw tenant’s family at Boggart Hill parade shops re rehousing.
- Raised issue of land that needs attention on Foundry Mill Walk.
- Possible grant application for Good Neighbours and Chapel FM
Saturday 14th July
- Did surgery at Community Hub and saw two people re a nuisance neighbour and a council tax summons which was dealt with.
- Attended Seacroft Village Hall Summer Garden Party.
Sunday 15th July
- Attended Gipton Gala.
- Discussed further help for Rein Park Park Run.
Cllr David Jenkins – Killingbeck and Seacroft Ward
- Inner East Community Committee
- Plans Panel for North and East Leeds
- Scrutiny Board for Strategy and Resources Leeds City Council
- West Yorkshire Fire Authority
- Seacroft and Manston Cluster
- Inner East Health and Wellbeing Committee
- Affordable Warmth Partnership of Leeds City Council
- South Seacroft Good Neighbours
- Governor of Seacroft Grange Primary School
- Board Member of East Leeds Primary Partnership Trust
Message from Katie Dye, David Jenkins and Paul Drinkwater, Labour Councillors for Killingbeck and Seacroft.